Gut Health is one of my passions and today I was able to share this recipe on HoustonLife - NBC Affiliate KRPC Channel 2. This recipe can help with so many gut health issues like brain fog to inflammation. Here is the 5-minute video to show you how easy this simple, delicious and healthy recipe is to make.
Rainbow Cauliflower Rice Bowl Recipe
Ingredients (buy organic if possible):
• 1 medium zucchini
• 1 medium yellow squash
• 1 red bell pepper
• 1 large sweet potato
• 1 bag cauliflower rice
• 1 large avocado
• 1 purple onion
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 tbs butter or ghee
• 3 tbsp avocado oil
• 2 tsp Bragg Liquid Amino
• 2 garlic cloves
• Salt & pepper
1. Rinse veggies well.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and bake the sweet potato first
3. Slice sweet potato in 1/2 inch cubes, combine in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Mix until potatoes are well coated. Transfer sweet potato to a flat baking sheet, in a single layer, bake for 15 minutes, flipping potatoes halfway through. Bake until desired softness. Set aside to cool.
4. Chop onion, yellow squash, and zucchini into medium chunks. Slice red pepper into strips.
5. Heat 1 tbsp avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat, add 1 clove minced garlic.
6. Stir in cauliflower rice, return to low heat. Place 1 tbsp butter or ghee, divided, on top of cauliflower rice and cover. Cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
7. In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp avocado oil with one garlic clove under medium heat.
8. Add onion, yellow squash, zucchini, and red pepper to skillet, along with 2 tsp Braggs Liquid Amino and sauté for 10 minutes, until veggies reach desired softness.
9. Slice avocado.
10. Build your bowl. Start with cauliflower rice, add sweet potato & sautéed veggies. Top with sliced avocado and enjoy!
For more information or questions on how to work with me, please visit my Work with Me Page here.