Hello, Krystal here! Are you exhausted all the time? Like, no matter what day, what time, how many hours of sleep you had or cups of coffee you drank, you feel like you’re fighting pounds of sand to keep your eyes open? This constant state of tiredness is a result of weak adrenals and is commonly known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). This physical illness is something that affects an estimated 1 million people in America, and a condition I personally struggled with for YEARS!
Aside from pure exhaustion, CFS can manifest in symptoms such as joint and muscle pains, inability to concentrate, anxiety or depression, and even light sensitivity. And however many mainstream physicians love to treat these ailments using harsh prescription drugs, I’ve found a treatment protocol that helped me to treat CFS both naturally and at the root cause. So, where do you start? Well…
1) First and foremost, you’ll need to rule out hypothyroidism. Your thyroid and adrenal glands work hand-in-hand, and if one is out of balance, the other will surely follow suit.
2) I also suggest you have your iron levels tested to rule out anemia. If you do have low iron, supplement with a safe, highly absorbable, non-constipating form of iron, Ferrochel, which is Iron Bisglyciante Chelate.
3) Allow yourself at least 8 hours of sleep each night, without interruption. I’m a big advocate of leaving the TV out of the bedroom, as your body will rest better when you remove unnecessary electronic waves that interfere with melatonin production (your sleep hormone).
4) Clean up your diet. You’ll need to avoid foods such as wheat and sugar, as these foods feed yeast and your body is most susceptible to yeast overgrowth when your adrenals are weak. I also recommend that you eat or drink protein with every meal to stabilize blood sugar levels and eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies daily (you can substitute these easily by adding PaleoGreens or PaleoReds to your favorite drink or smoothie or check out my new favorite Organic PeaProtein Powder plus Greens.
5) Assist your adrenals with proper vitamin and mineral supplementation. If you are currently suffering from CFS, then I recommend the following in their appropriate dosages:
b. Vitamin C
6) Lastly, eliminate any and all unnecessary stress from your life! Every day we make over 35,000 decisions, both consciously and unconsciously. When it comes to your health, you will be doing yourself the ultimate favor by choosing positive environments and relationships to surround yourself with.
Need help tackling your chronic fatigue? I’m here to help you every step of the way!
Until next time!